I’ll be teaching a 2 hour Digital Blending and Post-processing workshop in Sydney, Australia on
Sunday, February 10th, 2013 from 2:30-4:30 pm (check-in starts at 2 pm)
at the Maiden Theatre located in the Royal Botanic Gardens.
I’ll be sharing my complete digital workflow from start to finish, focusing on manual blending techniques, such as my Advanced Dynamic Blending technique and how to maintain complete control over your images. From color correction to complex masking, if you’re curious how I craft my photography, this is your chance to find out.
When: February 10th, 2013 from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Where: Maiden Theatre, Royal Botanic Gardens (see the map below)
Beginner to Intermediate
(A basic understanding of Photoshop is encouraged)
Some of topics to be discussed:
• Complete workflow breakdown
• Times of day and how they influence look, feel and mood
• Philosophy of technique and post-processing
• Manual exposure bracketing vs. auto bracketing
• HDR vs. tonemapping
• Corrections and editing in Adobe Lightroom®
• Digital blending in Adobe Photoshop®
• Masking, selections and isolating elements
• Color correction and detail enhancement
• Fine tuning and finishing
Check-in: 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Instruction: 2:30 pm – 3:25 pm
Break: 3:25 pm – 3:35 pm
Instruction: 3:35 pm – 4:30 pmLight Refreshments will be included.
We will also be giving away some sweet door prizes from my friends at Joby, Google Australia, Sydney Opera House, SmugMug and Pixel Perfect Pro Lab, including Three 1 year SmugMug subscriptions!
Following the workshop, I’m hosting a Photowalk from 5.30 pm – 8 pm that will meet at the Stairs of the Sydney Opera House and all workshop participants are encouraged to attend! It should be informative and fun.
Map to workshop location: A printable pdf map is also available here.
A Before and After Example: