Symmetry Loves Company.
I think I’ll call this style: off unsymmetrical symmetry, or how about, symmetrically unsymmetrical, or symmetrical offset. Honestly, I have no idea what to call it. — Regardless, it’s kinda symmetrical but it’s not. So really it’s not symmetrical, so then… Crap, forget it, I give up.
So if you’re a fan of symmetry or not, then you will like this shot, or not. Crap, I did it again…
This is a room from Castillo de San Cristóbal in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. It’s a great place with a lot of cool areas to explore. This one in particular really caught my eye. It was something about the symmetry or the lack of symmetry. Crap, there I go again…
Technical Mumbo Jumbo:
– Nikon D700 – Nikkor 14-24 f/[email protected] 20mm f/8 Iso: 100
– 7 Exposure Brackets (-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2) (-1 EV Shift)
– HDR Photography Processing & Tone Mapping using Photomatix Pro
– Post Processing & Color Correction in Photoshop
– Enhanced detail with Nik Software Sharpener Pro
– Sharpened Edges with Topaz InFocus
– Additional (aggressive) Selective Sharpening
– symmetry loves company
Daily Banana – Windows In Time
(move the slider to compare before and after)